Ways to Effectively Use Instagram for Business
Instagram has quickly become one of the top social media platforms; and it’s not just being used for selfies and baby pics. It has become a very viable way for businesses to showcase and grow their brand.
A visual can speak a thousand words. Instagram uses visual imagery to allow their uses to tell stories through what they post.
Communicating an effective story and image is key, and I’m going to show you a few tips that will help you accomplish this.
- Always be sure to post the most high-quality photos that you can. The quality of your photos is going to reflect the image of your brand and ensure viewers take you more seriously.It’s important that your photos have a consistent feel that your followers will recognize.
- Don’t post multiple photos at once. Your followers aren’t going to want to be bombarded with your content on their news feed. Keep your posts down to 1-2 per day. If you want to push more content, take advantage of Instagram stories.
- Use hashtags strategically. Search what your competitors are using and determine what is most effective.This is going to help potential followers search and find your brand.
- Search hashtags strategically. By searching for terms that are in your niche, Instagram will find the users who are interested in your area of expertise. Follow these people and be interactive. Engage consistently to start building a network.
- Write an intriguing and effective bio that includes your business’s website URL. Instagram does not allow users to click through links in post captions, but you can direct people to your bio to click on a URL of your choice. If you have a Youtube vlog, the bio could be a great area to place that URL into.
- Be human. Don’t glamorize your posts that make it look inauthentic. Viewers can pick up on this, and it will put you at risk of becoming unfollowed.
I recommend that you give raw, behind-the-scenes looks at whatever your business does. Being vulnerable is going to increase trust with your followers. A great way to do this is through rewards and contests, periodically.
Think about this strategically; be sure that the conversation topics are relevant to your brand, and always make sure that you are also actively engaging in the conversation.These questions can help you deliver the most effective content.
Give your followers a reason to follow you. Don’t just post about your product or service and try to sell people. You want viewers to obtain value from following your page.Use captions to your advantage. You can ask your followers to comment and get people to engage in conversation.Have a consistent image with your posts. Your Instagram page is an extension of your brand, and you should be treating it as such. When people come to your page, what do you want them to think? How do you want them to feel.
Continue to always measure your Instagram account. Be sure to check your analytics consistently and adapt to the data. The market is going to tell you what they like and don’t like.
Write an intriguing and effective bio that includes your business’s website URL. Instagram does not allow users to click through links in post captions, but you can direct people to your bio to click on a URL of your choice.
If your business isn’t already on Instagram, it’s time to start. If used correctly, this social platform can reap long-term benefits that will keep your customers engaged with your brand.
Please subscribe below to get your free online new training videos of IM Online 24 series.